> I am trying build a slide show using the Cycle plugin.
>
> My (simple) code issues a JSON request (getJSON) to obtain the URLs of a few
> images. The images are displayed but the cycle method does not work, ie. all
> the images are displayed, no 'cycle' happens. Images are not hosted on the
> same machine as the one that replies to the JSON request.
>
> Am I missing something ?

You need to put the cycle call in your json callback:

$.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    var $images = $('#images').empty();
    var html = '';
    $.each(data.img, function(i, item) {
        html += ' ' + item.image + ' '
    });
    $images.append(html).cycle();
});

At the time you invoke cycle, the slide elements *must* exist in the
DOM.  It's ok if images haven't been downloaded yet, but the elements
must be there otherwise cycle has nothing to work with.

Cheers.

Mike