it works (for the moment not in IE but in Firefox; others still not
tested); we have to fire a load event for the iframe.

   main page:

        $().ready(function() {

        function local_alert()
        {
        alert("calling from main page");
        };

   var iframe=$('iframe#id_iframe');  //the id of the iframe
   iframe.load (function()
   {
   var submit=iframe.contents().find("#submit");  //submit is the id of the
"submit" button in the iframe
   submit.click(
   function()
   {
   local_alert(); //it calls now a script from the main page