Haven't tried it, but I think the issue is you're apply it to
_everything_ (*) that is not a header. That means the body, all
paragraphs, divs, spans etc. Ie, if you haven't specified a font for
headers explicitly, the headers will inherit the font from the body
(or a containing div, span, a etc).

Might be better to apply the font to everything then just apply the
old font to the headers:

$('*').css(some css props here);
$(':header').css(old css props);

.. or something.