Are you returning a the "imgPreloader" variable back to the server to process
your image
server-side, or is everything being done on the fly client-side?

nope, all done on the client side

Well, after looking more closely at your code, I can see you're setting the img
attributes
based on the window dimensions... good idea.  I'll have an even closer look at
your code.

indeed, in fact i measure the screen, i measure the image, i compare the two
and get the maximum size the image can take (maximum being 1:1, not
overstretching the image otherwise the image would look crapy), i add a few
pixels for the modal div's  width and height so that it visualy contains the
image.

good luck!

alex