On Jan 17, 3:39 am, RobG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Control + click or command + click also opens links in a new tab for
> some settings in some browsers.  I can also set Firefox to always open
> new windows in a tab, trying to stop that is futile.

Absolutely correct. There are many ways to open a link. However my
intentions are not preventing the user from opening any link at all. I
just want to record exactly which links are clicked. The thing is that
it is possible to have the same anchor in the content and in the
sidebar. I want to know which one is clicked. And by all means load
the link :)

Maybe mousedown is the way to go but I'm unsure about firing it when
the right mouse button is clicked.