Hi

just to let anyone know for the future, if you are struggling with
some bugs in showing/hiding in IE's - i found the solution to my
problem was to action some of the hiding in a call back function
within the first hide().

IE is a small highly stupid child, and can get confused very easily -
if you ask it to do too much at once it just gets confused and starts
crying html tears.

try to combine your code into nice little chunks for it.