I've seen this issue a few times myself.
Normally this happens to me because of the way I am calling the event,
and loading it in multiple times.

It would be REALLY helpful if you would post your code here. So we can
take a look and let you know what might be triggering the multiple
clicks.

for instance, do you have the click contained within a function, and
is that function being called multiple times?
The same code being used in an html file makes me suspect you have an
error in you asp file, as the ASP outputs plain old html, and jquery
doesn't do anything until the html is recognized.

If you can't figure this out, post your code and I'll see if I can
spot anything.

Pete