Hi all,

this is a really strange one. Not sure where I found the example code
for this, but it has been working for me without an issue and I have
it running multiple times on my site.
But for some reason in this one instance it isn't working, and I keep
checking everything and it all looks fine to me.

This is a part of an ajax form and on submit I want to refresh the
selected note area with the content of what was entered.

Everything runs fine, no errors, but the content never changes until I
refresh the entire page (so the ajax response isn't working).
Using firebug I can see the response is being returned to the browser
properly, and I can see from the 'alert(id2)' that the id I am trying
to write to is in the html document.

[code]
function getNotes(){$(".addNote").click(function(event) {
                var id = this.id;
                var posTop = event.pageY-130;
                var posLeft = event.pageX-130;
                        $.ajax({
                                type: "POST",
                                url: "processes/addNote.php",
                                data: id,
                                success: function(response){
                                        $("#addNoteForm").css({ position:
'absolute', top: posTop, left:
posLeft });

$("#addNoteForm").fadeIn("slow").html(response);

                                var id2 = id.replace(/&f=e/, '');
                                var id2 = id2.replace(/&f=d/, '');

    var options = {

        target:        '#addNoteForm',   // target element(s) to be
updated with server response
        success:  showResponse
    };

    // bind to the form's submit event
    $('#addNoteForm').submit(function() {
        // inside event callbacks 'this' is the DOM element so we
first
        // wrap it in a jQuery object and then invoke ajaxSubmit
        $(this).ajaxSubmit(options);

        // !!! Important !!!
        // always return false to prevent standard browser submit and
page navigation
        return false;
    });

// pre-submit callback
        function showRequest(formData, jqForm, options) {
    // formData is an array; here we use $.param to convert it to a
string to display it
    // but the form plugin does this for you automatically when it
submits the data
        var queryString = $.param(formData);

    // jqForm is a jQuery object encapsulating the form element.  To
access the
    // DOM element for the form do this:
    // var formElement = jqForm[0];

          alert('About to submit: \n\n' + queryString);

    // here we could return false to prevent the form from being
submitted;
    // returning anything other than false will allow the form submit
to continue

        }

        // post-submit callback
        function showResponse(options)  {
        // for normal html responses, the first argument to the success
callback
        // is the XMLHttpRequest object's responseText property

            // if the ajaxSubmit method was passed an Options Object with the
dataType
            // property set to 'xml' then the first argument to the success
callback
            // is the XMLHttpRequest object's responseXML property

            // if the ajaxSubmit method was passed an Options Object with the
dataType
            // property set to 'json' then the first argument to the success
callback
            // is the json data object returned by the server

                $.ajax({

                        type: "POST",
                        url: "processes/addNote.php",
                        data: id+"&f=r",