Hello,

If anyone can help with this I'd really appreciate it.

I am using the jQuery Form plugin to submit the contents of a Form via
Ajax to a Web Service. The Web service resides on  a different domain
to the main site.

I simply want to submit the form info to the web service via Ajax,
check the return value from the Web Service and on success then re-
direct the user to a "Thanks for registering" page. The current
behaviour is that the form is submitted successfully but instead of my
success function being called the page is instead re-directed to the
Web Service output (XML !). I can get the beforeSubmit event to fire,
but I cannot get the Web Service output to return to the calling page.

example page :
http://qpr.sitekit.net/registration.html?RequestedResourceURL=Linking%20Business%20Strategy%20with%20Process%20Excellence.pdf

code as follows:

///INCLUDE JQUERY HERE
<script type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function(){

       $(".ReturningVisitor").yav({
       errorDiv:"mainRVError",
       errorMessage:"Please enter the email address you used at first
registration"
                });

       $(".MainRegistration").yav({
       errorDiv:"mainError",
       errorMessage:"Please complete all required fields and provide a
valid email address"
                });

                $("#Country").selectOptions(":::countrycodefromip:::");

                var AJAXoptions = {
                        target:         '.output1',   // target element(s) to
be updated
with server response
                        beforeSubmit:   showRequest,  // pre-submit callback
                        success:        showResponse,  // post-submit callback
                        dataType:               'xml',
                        resetForm :     true,
                        url:
'http://194.100.185.35/leadws/QPRCrmService.asmx/NewLead'

                };

                //Assign AJAX handler to form
                $(".MainRegistration").ajaxForm(AJAXoptions);

        });

         // pre-submit callback
        function showRequest(formData, jqForm, options) {

                var queryString = $.param(formData);

                alert('About to submit: \n\n' + queryString);
                return true;
        }

        // post-submit callback
        //THIS IS NEVER CALLED !
        function showResponse(responseText, statusText)  {

                alert('status: ' + statusText + '\n\nresponseText: \n' +
responseText +
                        '\n\nThe output div should have already been updated
with the
responseText.');
        }

</script>