I tried class="{sorter: false}" but to no avail.

This is sample of my table

bgcolor="#990000">
 <thead>
           <th scope=col height="20" colspan="16" class="{sorter:
false}">
               <strong>
                      This table does something!
               </strong>
           </th>

                                        <TR>
                                            <TD
class="trheadermain"><B><th>Color</th></B></TD>
                                        </TR>

class="trheadermain">
               <B>bright ratio</B></TD>

                        </TR>
  </thead>
<tbody>
</tbody>

I know the html is bad but i am incorporating this plugin in a very
huge page and am just trying to make changes where necessary. like
putting columns I want to sort in <th> tags. In the above code only
'color' column is to be sorted.

Thanks