On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 08:30:59PM -0800, robing wrote:
> i have been asked to build a template that has a <div> block that
> contains a header image and nav that needs to stay visible at the top
> of the screen even when the user scrolls down the page.
> i know this can be done in frames but i would like to do this with
> jquery, the trouble is i don't know which function would help me
> acheive what i am after.
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I'd use a <div> with position:fixed and put everything else on the page
in another <div> that has some distance from the top of the page.

No jQuery needed then. Neither frames. Neither IE. :)

Cheers
 Christoph
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  www.workaround.org   JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
gpg key: 79CC6586         fingerprint: 9B26F48E6F2B0A3F7E33E6B7095E77C579CC6586