To:  Jquery-en (jquery-en@googlegroups.com)
From: Erik Beeson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: [jQuery] Re: how to get php to detect if it's an ajax call or a normal
full page call
Date: 29/1/2008 10:53:24

The request header "X-Requested-With" is set to "XMLHttpRequest" for all AJAX
calls from jQuery.

Hope it helps.

--Erik

On 1/29/08, Alexandre Plennevaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

so that my php script can serve both ajax calls and full page call if
javascript is not available on the client platform, i usually append a "js=1"
to all links. So it's a child play to test for $_GET['js']==1 on the server and
serve the relevant html.

Now, i've switched my application to use pretty url, thus cannot use that trick
anymore.

I would like to know if there is another possibility, possibly in the
http-header sent by jquery ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Alexandre