I'm looking for a jQuery slideshow plugin, and I can't seem to fond
one that does all I need. Cycle and jCarousel come close. But my
problem is I have multiple galleries on one page, and they all have
large images. So, since they load all the images in every gallery and
then hide them, the page totals over 4000KB.

I need something like Litebox or Thickbox that calls the next/prev
image and loads it as needed, with a loading gif. But I don't want a
pop-up modal. It would be nice if I could just put one image from each
gallery in the HTML and have the prev/next buttons load and fade to
the prev/next image.

Any suggestions?