Hi Joel,

I'll try to give you some feedback.

First some remarks and questions and then a bug report :

You may change some filenames. For instance helperPlugin.js to hoverIntent.js or vertical.css to superfish-vertical.css

I think it would be nice to put an exemple menu at the top of the superfish homepage so that a new user can immediatelly see what it about.

About the callbacks. Would they enable us to write for instance this code outside of superfish ?
http://www.klaasse.net/superfish-ext/superfish.html

I have a link that you may have a look to. The HTML is not very neat and it lacks accessibility but the transparency handling is really impressive:
http://www.myluckystar.lu/pwc/My-job/Find-your-Lucky-Star/Find-your-Lucky-Star
Do you think it could be done using superfish and its callbacks ?

#Bug report
using http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/vertical-example/
on my 1024x768 laptop

1.Small css issue in FF, Opera,IE6
when the submenu deploys the right border moves 1px to the right.
In FF it can be fixed with the following change:
.nav li ul {
   top:-999em;
   position:absolute;
   width:10.*5*5em;
}

2."Persistant area" bug in Opera
If you hover and then move away, the is a blue rectangle that persists where the bottom
of the submenu was. I have no fix for this.

3.Opera, very minor, but hovering the first pixel row of an item triggers the change of background
color but not the display of the submenu.

4.another subtle unwanted behavior:
At the end of the display animation of the submenus of the second and forth item, the text and the bottom border of the first of the submenu has a 1px movement to the bottom. It seems weird, I dont know anybody else can reproduce it. Personally it tend to believe that it is linked to some "em" calculations, and maybe that my computer is rather slow, so I have the time to see it.

5. similar to #4 on http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/all-horizontal-example/
  the "d" submenu item behaves oddly.

Thank for this release, its getting better and better !

Olivier

Joel Birch wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a quick announcement to help keep interested parties up-to-date
on the progress of the Superfish menu plugin. I just released version
1.4.1. In addition to some code optimisations, some notable changes
are:

- more optional callback functions to hang your enhancements off. I'm
hoping this will mean that if you have ideas for new functionality
that do not justify being in the core itself, you can now add it via
the callbacks leaving the core lean and easily update-able.

- version 1.4.1 is now fully compatible with jQuery versions going
right back to 1.1.2 so you can use the latest Superfish release even
if you are stuck using an old version of jQuery. Just set the new
'oldJquery' setting to 'true' for jQuery versions prior to 1.2

- you can set the new 'disableHI' setting to 'true' to make Superfish
ignore the presence of the hoverIntent plugin for the rare cases when
you want a long hoverIntent delay, for Cluetip for example, at the
price of no delay for your Superfish menu.

- finally resolved a long-standing bug whereby, when using the
pathClass option (see the two-tiered-horizontal navbar example page),
the path to the current page was not being restored after using the
keyboard to navigate through the links.

I'm very happy with this release - it seems really bulletproof. I've
thoroughly tested it on all the usual browsers and platforms, but if
you notice any odd behaviour I would really appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for your time.
http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/

Joel Birch.