@Sebioff
I do agree with you that what you did is expected to work. I think the
problem relies on the fact that jQuery (and Dimensions) always check
like this:

 if( elem == window || elem == document )
     ..............;

And the problem is sometimes there're more than one window or document
(when using frames, iframes, or popups)
I think that should be done with of object detection..
Something like: (just a proof of concept)

 if( elem.scrollBy )//a window
     ......;
 if( elem.nodeName == '#document' )//a document
     ......;

That makes code quite dirtier, but more functional.

Cheers

Ariel Flesler