It is almost always useful if you post *relevant* code for these kind
of problems. Otherwise we can only guess or have to spend some time on
writing a reply asking you for such code ;-)

(By "relevant" I mean not to simply dump 400 lines of HTML +
JavaScript source code in here...)

There's nothing wrong with nested tabs. So I'm guessing now: Is there
a JavaScript error on the page? Does the form have a target attribute
set to something? Some extra handlers attached to the form? Do you use
some 3rd party libraries?

--Klaus