Hi,

I have made an attempt at making a horizontal scrollbar using the
ui.slider and bits of code hacked together from the UI examples.

So far so good in that it works on all browsers, and my code seems ok.
There is a problem however in mostbrowsers (apart from Firefox,
surprise surprise!), especially IE6 and IE7. The slider works, but the
user feedback and rendering seem sluggish and slow at best.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.fazalkhan.co.uk/garbage/jquery/scroll/scroll.html

the JS is here:

http://www.fazalkhan.co.uk/garbage/jquery/scroll/javascript/functions.js

Apologies for the massive CSS stylesheet, this has been cut out from a
project currently in production.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated in getting this to work
smoothly!

Thanks in advance,
Fazal