Hi,

I have 3 related selects - Districtid,Circuitid and Churchid.

When a user selects a districtid it populates the Circuitid select
list with Circuits for that District.

When the Circuit list is populated it automatically has the first
circuit selected  and this then loads the churchid select list with
churches related to the circuit.

When the churches load the first church in the list is selected and
what I need to do is detect the value of this church (churchid) so
that I can pass that to a table which is populated with projects for
the selected church.

The problem I am having is that when the church list loads it doesn't
seem to fire an onchange event and therefore I am unable to detect
what the initial churchid is. How can I detect the initial churchid
that is selected (not by the user) when the select list loads.  I have
tried picking up the :selected value but this doesn't seem to work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also, the selects are powered by ColdFusion 8 using the bind
parameter. Does anyone know of any jquery code (plugin) for doing
related selects?

Many thanks,

Dave (jQuery newbie)