Ha, you sound like an earlier version of me. This was a LOT of diggin
to find an answer and since I happen to have saved it, I'll share it
with you. I did not test this with your code at all, it is meant to be
plug and play. You may need to have the prototype library. I don't
know since I have it.

Just add this into your page:

        var browser=navigator.appName
        if(browser == "Netscape"){
        HTMLElement.prototype.click = function() {
        var evt = this.ownerDocument.createEvent('MouseEvents');
        evt.initMouseEvent('click', true, true,
this.ownerDocument.defaultView, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, false, false, false,
false, 0, null);
        this.dispatchEvent(evt);