Hi, Ariel:

Thank you so much for your nice suggestions. : )

On Feb 6, 10:52 pm, Ariel Flesler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey lihao
>
> First, let me point out a few small things:
>
> At the beggining you typed 'test' once instead of 'text'. I'm sure
> it's just a typo of the post. You should remove the 'form' from the
> selector, it will work faster.

right, it's just an excerpt from my code which is too long to paste
here, so I just made it simple.. sorry for the typo though.. :( but
why should removing 'form' from the selector be faster, I thought
'form#myform' should be faster than '#myform', since it's more
specific, so jQuery doesn't need to check 'div#myform', 'p#myform' or
the like, right?

> Then.. you are scrolling the textarea itself ? that's nice, never
> thought of that. Don't use {top:x} to scroll vertically, use the
> setting {axis:'y'} (which is the default so you don't need to
> specify). And as the first argument, just put the position (the
> number).

This is really interesting, but it seems {top : x} works better in my
cuent application. I am still testing though..:)

> Looks like this confused some people, I added a note below in the
> demo, a few days ago:http://www.freewebs.com/flesler/jQuery.ScrollTo/
>
> I think it's quite hard to achieve what you are trying to do, the
> difference in size between lowercase and uppercase letter is big.
> I can't figure out a good way to solve it accurately. I suppose the
> best approach is to make it approximate.
> You got any link with this working ?

I know, so I can only scroll it up/down to a rough position. Curently,
I am using it on my weblog, and will
show you the link when I get something working> ;-)

Really appreciate all your typing and nice suggestions: -)

have a great day,
lihao(XC)