Now I saw the jHeartBeat plug-in and it was nice and simple but I though t
there were a few were things from looking at the code.  First of all it
looks like you can only have the url ajax call load in the div create by the
plug-in were all i think you really need is a way to call a function every x
seconds(and you can put all your code in that function including any ajax
calls), I think this make the plug-in a little bit more general.  now that
can be very easily fixed without a rewrite but the second issue was a little
more of a fix.  The second issue i saw is that I can only have one instance
of this running at a time(I did not try it though but pretty sure).  After
seeing that i decided i would just rewrite the entire plug-in(it was only 30
lines).  Thanks to Jason Levine to inspire me to write this plug-in.  You
can get it at:

http://dev.kaizendigital.com/js_test/javascript/codereck/cr.beat.js

If anyone has any suggestions or see any bugs please let me know.