I thought I'd write in to let the community know that there's an open source mailing application whose interface is *heavily* based on jQuery.

Nearly all JavaScript was refactored in the PR16 release of poMMo following an upgrade to jQuery 1.2. I hope the resulting source serves as a useful example for real world jQuery use.

In particular, the following plugins are showcased;

1) Tony Tomov's jqGrid plugin - http://trirand.com/blog/

 demo: http://try.pommo.org/admin/subscribers/subscribers_manage.php

2) Klaus Hartl's ui.tabs - http://stilbuero.de/jquery/tabs_3/

 demo: http://try.pommo.org/admin/mailings/mailings_start.php
(features a tabWizzard which submits and validates mandatory forms in the current tab before switching to another)

3) Mike Alsup's forms plugin - http://www.malsup.com/jquery/form/

Used throughout poMMo. An abstraction library was written to aid in the automatic assignment (and reassignment) of AJAX or JSON tagged forms [ http://pommo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pommo/aardvark-development/themes/default/inc/ui.form.tpl?view=markup ]

4) Paul Bakaus's ui.sortables and ui.slider - http://ui.jquery.com/

 demo: http://try.pommo.org/admin/setup/setup_fields.php
demo: http://try.pommo.org/admin/setup/setup_configure.php#mailings [click throttle settings]

5) My jqModal, jqValidate, and jqStripe plugins -- used throughout and written specifically to handle the dialog, client side/real-time form validation, and row striping needs of poMMo.

Many thanks to jQuery for bringing the possibility of a rich interface to the people.

There is *no way* I could have done it without the support of this mailing list nor the lightweight extensible cross-browser reasonable supifying uberness of jQuery.

Thanks,

~ Brice