not sure what is causing the problem, but one alternative approach would be to use empty() and append()

$("#myDivId").empty();

$("#myDivId").append(val)

maybe that will work better?

--Karl
_________________
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On Feb 11, 2008, at 7:54 PM, Slantedview wrote:

I have a Div tag whose contents I'm trying to wipe out and replace
with stuff retrieved via an ajax call. Everything works fine, except
in IE6, where when I try to wipe out the contents of my div tag,
nothing happens:

$("#myDivId").html("");

The .html(val) call works fine in IE for some pages, but not for
others. I'm guessing it's more of a problem with IE6 than JQuery, but
I was hoping someone else had come across this problem and could offer
some tips?

Thanks,
jonathan