FWIW, I pulled the necessary files down to my local system to give it a try (running of a local web server) and noticed that it's not much faster running locally than remotely. I suspect that's because of client-side lookups on the fetched XML file? If so, any way to speed it up? (I haven't reviewed the code). If that's not the cause, Remy, know what is?

Thanks, great resource!

- Jack

Rey Bango wrote:

Remy,

Can you make this downloadable so it can be run locally?

Rey

Hi all,
Ever since jQuery 1.1.3 the old API browser hasn't been updated due to
incompatibilities in the documentation (though that's mostly
assumptions). Although the new docs is comprehensive, I've always
liked the quick access the old API browser gave.
As such, I've got about my own way re-building an API browser based on
the new documentation (and assuming the documentation stays in the
wiki format, it should be easier to support upgraded documentation).
http://remysharp.com/jquery-api/
The API can be accessed either through live searching or directly on
the URL, e.g:
http://remysharp.com/jquery-api/bind/
Love to hear any feedback, etc.
The original post is here:http://remysharp.com/2008/02/12/jquery-api-browser/