One more thing on this--I was thinking about how to make this code
less "brittle" as far as the handling of the spacing.  Since the <li>s
in my list contain browser text, the height/spacing of the <li> can
vary depending on a bunch of factors (ie. font size, line-height,
etc).  Is there a way to have each <li> animate up to the bottom of
the previous <li> without explicitly setting the spacing (kind of like
a vertical float: top)?  Or, alternatively, I suppose you could
animate the first <li> to top: 0, then get its height, then use that
as the spacing for the remaining <li>s?