hey mates,

I didn't find an answer to my week-old question so i'll rephrase to
simplify and focus on just the little bit of knowledge i need from you
guys:

say i want to create a function that performs some jquery methods on an element.

function doThis(){
      $(this).text('i've been changed');
      alert("my uniq="+this.uniq);
}

now, inside a plugin, i want to use that function as an option value

$('div.toBeSelected').myplugin({onIni:doThis});

here is my pseudo plugin:

$.fn.myplugin= function(options,callback){
     return this.each(function(index){
            $this = $(this);
            uniq = 'iAmNumber_' + index;
           $this.options.onIni();

So far, the function is called, but the alert returns "my uniq =
undefined" and the text() command is not performed.  Why, oh why ?

--
Alexandre Plennevaux
LAb[au]

http://www.lab-au.com