It looks like he is using 'fired' as a property, it's not native to javascript.

It's just a way of indicating that an event has occurred.

-- Josh

To: "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:35 PM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: if (! someThing.fired ) {

Hi, Jorn

It appears in Andrea Ercolino's Window Resize plugin. The snippet is:
$.fn.wresize = function( f )
{
version = '1.1';
wresize = {fired: false, width: 0};

function resizeOnce()
{
if ( $.browser.msie )
{
if ( ! wresize.fired )
{
wresize.fired = true;
}
I didn't really understand how *fired* is being used here, but it
looks as though it could be useful!

Cherry.

On Feb 15, 5:12 pm, Jörn Zaefferer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:> Is *fired* a valid property? If it is, how should you access it?

I'd need way more context to answer that question, testpages prefererred...

Jörn