Hi Christoph, SerialScroll can be used with AJAX (actually can't now,
but I'll add a release on monday with a small change that will allow
it). Combining that change, with a custom event like the last example
in the demo, you can easily use it for AJAX content.
Just a note, this plugin: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/LocalScroll
which is SerialScroll "sibling" :), already has an AJAX demo if you
want to check, I was wanting to give SerialScroll that option too but
couldn't figure out in what way, now I know..
I'll post here when the new release is up, and I'll tell you how.

Ariel Flesler