I have Superfish 1.4.1 implemented here:

http://arraybeta.magiclamp.net

I am using a bit of jQuery to swap the far left and right backgrounds
of the dropdown navigation to the rounded corner graphics. I need to
be able to change the Hover state background as well. When I attach a
function for doing this to hover(), it doesn't work. I think this is
because SuperFish is overriding it.

Any suggestions? I've tried chaining in my hover() with the Superfish
call, or adding it to the Initialize parameter in Superfish, but it
didn't seem to help/work.

Curious oddity: If I add an alert() to the hover(), it sort of works,
but I think that is because the alert() is blocking...

Thank you for a great jQuery plugin!!!

Jason