On Feb 23, 4:55 am, Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes I did.  Strangely enough,  what I initially wrote worked in a
> simply HTML page without much else going on.  I may have to parse thru
> the page that I'm working on to find if there is some sort of
> conflict.

The checked property is a boolean, therefore you should set it using a
boolean value.  The most reliable way is:

  radioButton.checked = true;

In HTML markup, the checked attribute has no value, its presence sets
the checked property.  In XHTML it is given a value of checked to
conform to XML markup rules but when setting using script, you should
still use a boolean.

Using:

  radioButton.checked = 'checked';

may work as the string value assigned to the property is likely type-
converted to true.

--
Rob