After some thinking about it I came to the conclusion that it's
currently not possible with the build-in animation support. Although
you can specify a custom animation

$('#tabs').tabs({ fx: { height: 'toggle' } });

and change it afterwards

$('#tabs').data('fx.ui-tabs', { height: 'toggle', opacity:
'toggle' });

you cannot specify a different animation for each tab and change that
dynamically  on tab click. I think it could work if you do that
manually on tab click using the select callback:

var $tabs = $('#tabs').tabs().bind('select.ui-tabs', function(e, ui) {
    // find the current selected panel
    $('div.ui-tabs-panel:visible')

    // ui.panel is the panel about to be shown
    $(ui.panel)

    // do some animation with these...

});

--Klaus