I have been thinking about this for a few days now, but I haven't had
the time to do it.

The problem with what you're trying to achieve is that you're looking
for something to *display* the data, whereas my implementation of the
plugin focuses on semantic form integration.

Perhaps the way forward is to add the ability to display decimal
points and accept the input of whole numbers (and at a push, .5s).

How are you going to use this?