Thank you !
Indeed the submit button had has as name attribute "submit", what is wrong
with that ?
Since I renamed it, it works !

I have also a last related question, if you do not mind.
I submit my form 11 times, once for the member registration data,
then for each member's picture (10 in total)

That way, I am able to show the progression, it looks like this:

Submitting Data - Completed
Uploading Pic 1 - Completed
Uploading Pic 2 - Processing
Uploading Pic 3 - Pending
Uploading Pic 4 - Pending
Uploading Pic 5 - Pending
[...]
Uploading Pic 10 - Pending

I display this in a thickbox modal pop-up.

But Mozilla Firefox is getting very slow and sometimes it says not
responding for some seconds, very annoying for the users.
Also the ventilation of my computer is working hard.

(Notice I submit each time the whole form with all the images, 11 in total:
data + 10 pics,
Maybe it is the fact that I upload 11 times 10 pictures from the form ?)

Can you help me ?