Hi All,

I am new to JQuery. I did the following to get started with JQuery.

1) Downloaded JQuery Uncompressed version. Renamed JQuery.1.2.3.js  to
JQuery.js (I do not know whether this is correct! )
2) I followed the tutorial for "Hello world" and typed the following
code into an HTML file

<head>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js">

</script>
 <script type="text/
javascript">
alert('here');
$(document).ready(function() {
   $("a").click(function() {
     alert("Hello world!");

 </
script>
 </
head>

 </
body>

After opening this HTML file in IE 7.9, I find nothing on the page,
not even any javascript error. The code is supposed to display a link,
but I do not find any link on the page. Can anyone help me here.

- pradeep