may i suggest you start by doing a few very simple plugins, just to
get the feel of it. It is really not that difficult.

Like write a plugin that turns any selected element 's text in red
when clicked on. Then make the red an option. and progressively
increase the complexity.

that's how i personally was able to get a bit better...

HTH

--
Alexandre Plennevaux
LAb[au]