Ok, I've narrowed the issue down to a JavaScript memory leak. A memory leak
makes sense because of the sporadic behavior of the menu. I found the memory
leak using the tool available at this link:
http://blogs.msdn.com/gpde/pages/javascript-memory-leak-detector.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/gpde/pages/javascript-memory-leak-detector.aspx . See
the image below to see the leaks found in the menu. Any help fixing this
issue would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15874557/MenuMemoryLeaks.jpg

Thanks!
Jen