On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 4:57 PM, TheOriginalH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a menu which is working nicely. When an item is clicked, I'm
> using jQuery to change the CSS color to indicate it is current. To
> keep things neat, I have also changed the color of all similar items
> back to the default (otherwise ALL items would be highlighted as you
> went through the menu.

I think addClass() and removeClass() are a better fit here than css(). Ex:

menuItems.filter('.current').removeClass('current'); // or
oldItem.removeClass('current');
newItem.addClass('current');

Then you can simply have a different css rule for .current:hover, no?

- Richard

Richard D. Worth
http://rdworth.org/