On Mar 5, 7:33 am, MorningZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A good trick for that is to hide the content you are manipulating, and
> then for the last line of the Ready() event, do a ".show()" and now
> the only thing the user will see is styled and complete elements

And if scripting isn't supported or fails, the visitor sees nothing.

Also, they don't see anything until the page finishes loading.  That
was the default behaviour for about Navigator 2 I think, and was
pretty quickly changed because surfers *expect* to see the page as it
loads and not to stare at a blank page until everything is loaded.

> I think what people are trying to get through to you, and i
> wholeheartedly agree, is that it wouldn't necessarily be "best
> practice" to do what you point out in your first post, and if you are
> learning to use jQuery, why not do so in the way it was designed and
> used most widespread

"Best practice" is simply a point of view.  Using a script at the
bottom of the page has the advantage of working more reliably and it
allows the page to load faster.

--
Rob