I think this does not solve the problem. By using

$('table.cl1.cl2').addClass('abc');

"abc" is added to Table 1. When I do the same for Table 2:

$('table.cl1').addClass('xyz');

"xyz" is also added to Table 1.

So I'm looking for something to make a distinction between class="cl1
cl2" and class="cl1" to handle it differently.

Maybe someone has an idea.

Johannes