Hi and thanks for the feedbacks,
I will try to answer, i'm not very confortable with english, so sorry
for any non-sens.

jTagEditor was an early draft of what i had in mind.
markItUp! is developed from scratch. Below some features:
- No unnecessary ajax load for settings, Settings are now centralized
in an unic js file.
- ReplaceWith property
- PlaceHolder text property
- Multi-lines insertion
- Different way to add empty tag (now add opening and closing tag and
place the cursor inside, add placeholder text if setted).
- Alternative insertion with the AltKey (ex. <td> or <th> if altKey is
pressed).
- Preview can be display in either a pop-up window or a iFrame, can be
refreshed dynamically at each insertion.
- New Html Preview properties baseurl, charset, etc...
- Callbacks functions "beforeInsert, AfterInsert, beforeMultiInsert,
afterMultiInsert, openWith, closeWith, ReplaceWith, placeHolder" which
get all the properties of the editor to allow advanced scripting.
- Toolbar allows now dropdown-menus
- Last but not the least, markItUp! can interact with the rest of the
site and features can be called from anywhere outsite the editor.

For the images, making a single image is a pretty good technic that i
use in my projets and markItUp! integrations once my toolbar is
definitively setted.
Up to every developer to arrange their toolbar that way.
markItUp! is a flexible tag management engine, not really a out-of-the-
box solution. The examples are... errr... only examples of what is
possible to do with and css can be writed and used the way the
developper wants.
The concept of is, download markItUp! and build the editor you need.
Every developper can add, remove and script buttons to fit his needs.
Making a single image to illustrate my examples could led to confusion
and can kill the idea i would like to demonstrate: flexibility.
Take a look to the add-ons in the downloads section.

:)