I used the excellent moreSelectors plugin on a project about a year
ago and I just discovered that the old code has stopped working. I'm
using window.onbeforeunload to call a function that checks to see if
there are any modified form fields and alert the user that changes
will be lost. The code below used to work but after an upgrade to
jQuery 1.2.3 it no longer works. I'm unsure if the jQuery upgrade is
actually the culprit however.
[code]
var unsaved = $
("#formId").find("*:modified").not(":checkbox, :radio, :submit,
:hidden").size();
[/code]

I've tried to simplify the code to just test the :modified selector
but no luck. With this code unsaved is still undefined:
[code]
var unsaved = $("#formId:modified").size();
[/code]

Any ideas anyone?