Brian J. Cardiff schrieb:
I'm including some complex validation through remote mechanism. My
problem is that this validation took a while, so I would like to
disable the validation on keypress after the user try to submit a form
with an invalid value in that field.

Is that possible? If so, how?
You can specify your own onkeyup-option and defer to the original implementation. Something like this:

$(...).validate({
 onkeyup: function(element) {
   if ( checkIfElementShouldBeValidated(element) ) {
     $.valiadator.defaults.onkeyup.apply(this, arguments);

You could also copy the default implementation and modify the filter.

I'd need a bit more context for the checkIfElementShouldBeValidated function, but hopefully this gets you far enough anyway.

Jörn