my particular needs where described in this
conversation<http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/66c2fe75d621145e/8b11af887b5f2dc7?lnk=gst&q=validate#8b11af887b5f2dc7>
.
But in a more general way, validation could be done in background/async
without disturbing each keypress of the user (clearly a onblur is a partial
solution).

the only thing you need is that before sending a submit of a form, you need
to be sure that validations are completed.

for example, in a textbox to input a new user name, the validation that the
value is available can/should be done that way.

does it make sense now?

--
Brian J. Cardiff
bcardiff(?)gmail.com