I have a page that loads dynamically via innerHTML...I would like to
replace the loading script with something from the jQuery library.
But I cannot find any jQuery function in the documentation that will
do what I need it to do.

I suppose I should explain what I want it to do.

I want another .html page to be loaded into a DIV tag.  I need a
javascript function to automatically run on that page that truncates
the text to a specified amount of characters.  The user can then click
a "more" link to see the full text.
I have tried to do this with standard javascript, but it is very
complicated.

Thanks!