I'd not rely on anything that is not in the docs. I suffered from
these changes in the past.
If you want a safe way to use this, you should check:
jQuery.Collection: http://flesler.blogspot.com/2008/01/jquerycollection.html

You just need to import the methods bind, unbind and trigger, and that
can be safely done.

Cheers

--
Ariel Flesler