Hi,

I have a device status page that pulls some information directly form
a database and some other information from the device itself.  The
database content is generated once by the server and displayed in the
static section of the web page. The information form the device itself
is generated by am ajax request and the response is  displayed in the
dynamic section of the web page.

Sometimes the device may be switched off  or there may be some other
delay in returning the response.  During this time if a user tries to
navigate away from the page they are unable to until the AJAX request
timeout or terminates.

How can I force an interrupt to the AJAX  request so the user doe snot
have to wait for the tinmeout?

I tired this

        $('a').click(function(){
                $.event.trigger('ajaxStop');
        });

Basically if anyone clicks on a hyperlink (navigation) the ajaxStop
event should be triggered. This doe snot have the desired effect for
me. Am I misusing it?

Any other ideas are most welcome
Cheers
Tom