Jay,

I'd be interested to hear some specifics on why you found it necessary to
remove a unique identifier from an element, and put that on a different
element. That's changing the identity and type of that element. Quite
frankly, this is obtrusive, and surprising. Maybe there's an option you
haven't considered. Or maybe you'll teach me about a difficulty I'm not
currently aware of. Thanks.

- Richard

Richard D. Worth
http://rdworth.org/