Hi Marc - I couldn't agree more, the functionality & range of options
for DatePicker is incredible, especially considering how complicated a
calendar app is. I should have mentioned that in my first post.

Ironically in looking around for other DatePicker styles, I ran across
your blog entry about Google using DatePicker UI & saw you wrote, "I
think the simple skin provides an easy way to adopt the datepicker's
look and feel into web applications, but I think that we need new
skins for the datepicker. If anyone wants to contribute designs please
let me know." Amen :)

With so many features, it seems odd to me that there isn't some sort
of style library or at least more polished skins available - that's
the only area I can think of where DatePicker is lagging. Thinking out
loud, would you consider having a design competition, similar to what
happened with the jQuery logo? It could be a nice way to involve the
community of people using DatePicker. What I meant by "detrimental to
DatePicker's success" is with better skins available, I think
DatePicker would appeal more to folks looking for a "drop-in" solution
- mainly beginners & anyone short on time - I imagine that's a fairly
wide segment of potential DatePicker users especially now that jQuery
is mainstream.

Thanks for the reply & the great plugin.

-Wick
http://www.CarComplaints.com