HI!
Last month i'd the same problem....I mixed tabs with splitters and (in
ie6) had errors in this exactly line...
I worked with jquery v1.1.3.

the link of the thread is...http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/
browse_thread/thread/4dfd1f49e97ca381?hl=en
Now I am going to prove your solution and then you comment....

bye!
Cesar.