Same here, and when it fails it is rendering corners for me, but with
a white background color, so I have many pointy white triangles on the
elements.  Further, the placement of these solid-white corner
triangles seems to indicate that on these failed loads that it's
applying the plugin to the children of the selected element instead of
the element itself.